[support] Unhacking

Jeff Greenberg listmail.ayendesigns at gmail.com
Thu May 31 12:30:42 UTC 2012

I'm working on a site that had a couple dozen hacks made to core and
contributed modules at some point. Some of the hacks are easily remedied by
moving them to a custom module, but one has me stymied.

The hack is to the pagination class in the pagination module. It would be
easy enough to to subclass the pagination class to accomplish what was
intended, but is there any way to do that and have the subclass intercept
instantiation calls for the original? The original class has instantiation
calls littered throughout the module.