[support] Backup Approaches - Which Do You Use and Why?

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 1 14:48:45 UTC 2012

If you have CPanel use the backup facility.

Else do a mysqldump of the DB and store the resultant file elsewhere.
Also if you have any custom code, be it to core, a contrib module or
your own custom module be sure to save those changes in a VCS and
store a copy of the VCS data elsewhere.

Simple, no need for a bunch of modules.
Where the modules come in handy is a move from one host to another but
even then they aren't really needed if you know what settings to
change.

Earnie

Earnie