[support] Mollom and Captcha issue?

Pia Oliver pia at piasworld.com
Fri Nov 2 15:41:24 UTC 2012

Last Sunday morning I changed to Mollom from Captcha to stop spam
from our webforms. Spam had slowly grown and we seemed to get a few
each day. I installed Mollom (free account) and the module told me
that all was OK. However, by morning of Wednesday, we had received NO
inquiries from the website whatsoever, and also no spam. Since we
have at least 2-6 inquiries each day, I was alarmed and thought it
must be the Mollom set-up preventing emails. I checked the
submissions for each form (3) and there were no submissions after 27
Oct.
I then disabled Mollom and re-enabled Captcha set to the Math
problem. We are now getting the spam again, but only one (1)
legitimate email and it's now Friday morning. Is it possible that
something has "infected/taken over" and is preventing legitimate
webform submissions? I have tested the system (not logged in but as a
visitor) and my test emails are going through.
Any ideas?
--

Pia Oliver

<http://www.piasworld.com>