[support] database schema error - what to do???

Tue Nov 6 13:36:53 UTC 2012

On 11/6/12 7:51 AM, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com> wrote:
>> On Monday, November 05, 2012 02:30:52 PM Ms. Nancy Wichmann wrote:
>>> Was this an upgraded site from 6.x? If so, the 6.x schema may have been
>>> different than the 7.x schema.
>>>

>>> Nancy
>> No, it was installed as a version 7 site. If the error messages are only
>> informative and don't cause problems I am not as concerned. From time to time
>> as I add stuf in I run the update script. I have entered several hundred
>> quotes and it seems as if every time I run update I get new blank quotes that
>> I subsequently have to delete by hand. I don't know where these come from and
>> that's the real source of my concern here. I've not done that for about a week
>> and I just now deleted about 150 anonymous and empty quotes. I really like to
>> not have them appear in the first place.
> Have you looked to find which modules touch the table as Richard Damon
> suggested?  If a contrib module is causing you grief you need to open
> an issue with that module.

And to cut down how much you need to search, it is almost certain to be
a contrib module, not core so under likely under sites/all/modules
(unless you are using multi-site) and is very likely to be in the
modules *.info file (if it made the changes on install/upgrade). If you
have shell access, the needed grep should be fairly quick, even if you
don't limit to just *.info

--
Richard Damon