[support] Problem with recreating the site

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 7 17:54:05 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Afan Pasalic wrote:
> Yup. That was it. I forgot to copy .htaccess. :(
> Ok then, when I use scp -v source/ target/ why it didn't copy ALL files?
> what flag in the future I have to use to be sure the .htaccess file is
> going to be copied too? I know, I know... man scp, but this way is easier :D

If source/ is a directory then everything should have copied.  If
source/ is a glob of the files then * is likely to only see the
"visible" files.  By default .htaccess is a "hidden" file and you must
specify it directly.  Be careful in using a glob of .* because that
includes . and .. directories and you could cause a recursive copy.
You could use a glob of .[a-zA-Z0-9]* if you need to use a glob.

--
Earnie