[support] Filtering Results by Zip Code

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 8 13:20:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 12:12 AM, Jessica Hannan - Halo Digital Design wrote:
> I am developing a website for a national organization. Their "chapters" are
> set up by regions of the country and they've done the hard work of listing
> out which zip codes correlate with each region/chapter.
>
> I have installed and configured Location and Gmap but now how do I have them
> enter their zip code and have the page for their specific Chapter show up?
>
> I can't seem to get my mind around this one at all!

If you need each Chapter to control only their data you might want to
look at the Organic Groups[1] module.  Otherwise use a taxonomy for
each Chapter and each zip code.  You could also add fields to the
content type for Chapter and zip code and then use views to display
the data.

[1] http://drupal.org/project/og

--
Earnie