[support] Where are services resources files to be saved at?

Fri Nov 9 01:54:43 UTC 2012

On 11/8/12 3:29 PM, Tim Johnson wrote:
> * Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net> [121108 07:10]:
>> On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Tim Johnson wrote:
>>> * Tim Johnson <tim at akwebsoft.com> [121103 07:54]:

>>>  Asked and answered. According to the forum, the same place as
>>>  contributed modules: I.E. <root>/sites/all/modules
>> Or sites/SITE/modules.  I do not use sites/all/modules any longer
>> because I have too many multi sites and upgrading would be a
>> nightmare.
>   Thanks Earnie. Clearly you know much more about this than I do. So
>   am I correct that 'SITE' (upper case) would be an additional web
>   site using the same core drupal resources?
>   cheers
When Drupal services a page from an installation, it goes to 3 places to
find the modules/themes/etc for the site.

The first place it looks is in the specific site folder, so that for
example, a site with a URL of example.com could have its modules stored in

sites/example.com/modules

If the site is on a sub domain or a different port number, there are
rules for how to build up the name, and rules for partial matches.

If there is no directory that matches, then Drupal will default to
looking in sites/default/modules

After looking in the site specific folder (or the default) then Drupal
goes to sites/all/modules which will have the contributed modules to be
used by all sites

Lastly, Drupal goes to /modules to find the core modules.

--
Richard Damon