[support] Enabling jquery/AJAX (unknow is not a function)

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Wed Nov 14 18:12:50 UTC 2012

* Richard Damon <Richard at Damon-Family.org> [121113 18:15]:

> Each virtual host in apache has its own configuration for many of the
> settings that apache uses, this is WHY you use multiple vhost, so you
> can change settings, like document root and CGI settings. Some settings
> can be set to replicate to all hosts/virtual hosts on the system, but
> settings define within one host don't copy to others.
>
> If you had installed Drupal into the host of localhost:80, then it would
> use the settings for that host. This would have required you installing
> Drupal in your base document root. It appears that you told the system
> you wanted a new document root, so it created a new virtual host, on a
> different port, which means you need to configure it for all the options
> you need.
  Understood. And I have made some tweaks to httpd.conf without
  success
  Here's what I have :
     # for port 8080
    <VirtualHost *:8080>
        DocumentRoot "/Users/http"
        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/Users/http/run/"
        ScriptAliasMatch ^/cgi-bin/((?!(?i:webobjects)).*$) "/Users/http/run/$1"
        <Directory "/Users/http/run">
            AllowOverride None
            Options None
            Order allow,deny
            Allow from all
        </Directory>
    </VirtualHost>
    # end port 8080
These are the same settings as for the default (port 80) settings.
However, something is still lacking.
If I point my browser to
http://localhost/cgi-bin/cgitest.py
I get the output I expect.