[support] forum / bbs recommendations

Bob Turner Bob at TurnerPCC.com
Mon Nov 19 17:01:10 UTC 2012

D7 Core, includes Blog Functionality which may be worth a look.

Bob

From: Walt Daniels
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 11:49 AM
To: support at drupal.org
Subject: Re: [support] forum / bbs recommendations

Forums and Facebook are different ways of addressing the same need. We provide both the unmodified Drupal forums out of the box, and have a Facebook account. But you need to look at your user population. The younger set will be on Facebook but stuff disappears off the screen too fast to suit some uses. Of course email lists are also part of this mix and more populated with the older set.

Until these issues settle down one usually has to touch all the bases.