[support] Drupal 7 form file element issue

Austin Einter austin.einter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 22:46:24 UTC 2012

Hi Experts
I have a simple D7 form and have a file element as below.

 $form['q_name']['q_file1'] = array(
 '#type' => 'file',
 '#title' => "Upload document",
 '#size' => 60,
 );
Its a 2-step form. User fills data in page1, previews it (page 2) and
submits.

If I do submit from page 1, it works fine.
If I do submit from page 2, looks $_FILES array values are not there.
'name' , 'tmp_name', 'error' indexes are missing from $_FILES array.
I am sure others might have faced this issue earlier. Can somebody kindly
give me a pointer how to fix this issue or whats the work around here.

Thanks
Austin