[support] Duplicate Title Tags & Descriptions due to pagination

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 5 11:41:35 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM, Jessica Hannan - Halo Digital Design wrote:

> We very suddenly and drastically saw our duplicate title and description
> tags jump in Webmaster tools. They went from 200 to 3,000 overnight!  When I
> click on the pages it claims to be duplicated, I see "URL?page=" for all of
> them.

So what changed at Google?  Google is a monster that tries to crack
the tail like a whip.  It bullies itself on the masses trying to take
control of the Internet as if it owns it.  It bullies itself by
changing the rules of the game at any moment it sees the masses are
getting smart about the current set of rules.  It is a never ending
battle of domination where we peons will never win because we cannot
arm ourselves against such a towering menace.

> I found this post http://drupal.org/node/758230#comment-6560568  on
> Drupal.org, but I want to make sure I am following best practices to fix
> this problem. Any input is appreciated!!

I have no solution other than ignore Google's complaints.  There is a
metatag[1] module that might be able to help.

[1] drupal.org/project/metatag

--
Earnie