[support] HTML purifier module

Lucas D Hedding lucashedding at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 12:27:16 UTC 2012

Anthony, based on the volume of issues and the interest in a stable release
of the module, I believe it is moderately popular.  One of the things that
might be holding it back, is the lack of a D7 stable release.  However,
that is getting resolved and a stable release is planned.

It has a good community that supports the back-end library (
http://htmlpurifier.org/phorum/).  As one of its maintainers, I believe it
is a really good tool to clean-up and provide high quality HTML.  As a
current CISSP, I am excited about its very secure, default settings.  It
also has advanced abilities to provide full control over a filter, down to
the regex of an attribute on each HTML tag.

Lucas