[support] site not sending emails

Cindy Dykstra, WebMaker Inc. cindy at webmakerinc.com
Tue Oct 9 17:16:36 UTC 2012

I set up a site on my staging server, used both my email address and the
customer's to test the commerce module order emails and everything
worked just great. Even though the staging server was xyz.com I could
get those emails at me at abc.com and customer at def.com.

When I moved the site over to their IIS server (with apache, php, MySQL
installed), I can't get the emails from customer's site def.com to go to
any email address at def.com. I can, however, get those emails to come
to my email at abc.com

Their sys admin's reply is: "Well the first thing that comes to mind is
how the smtp server is configured for the commerce_kickstart module. I
can't easily get at that. If its set to a @def.com address then it might
try to send like emails locally and they would fail."

Is this a site config, Commerce config or server config I need to be
looking for?

Thanks!
--

          Cindy Dykstra