[support] Term Reference Tree question

Karsai Balázs balazs.karsai at flavongroup.com
Fri Oct 19 10:25:23 UTC 2012

Hi,

In Drupal 7 I'm working on a module that deals with node forms.
I must set some values from code. Actually what I do is save some user input
and populate the node form with the values.

I can easily modify field values from*hook_form_alter*except
term_reference_tree.
It looks like that when hook_form_alter gets called, the
term_reference_tree field
/only has some meta data/and doesn't contain the checkboxes for the tree.

They are missing in*hook_field_attach_form*too. However, when I check
the field
upon form submit, the checkboxes are there.

On form submit the field has a key*[#options]*and an array with the
checkbox tree,
but these keys are missing in hook_form_alter. There's a function
*term_reference_tree_process_checkbox_tree*which I tried to call from my
module.
It builds the frame of the checkbox tree, but not the actual checkboxes.
Output is like this:

|[#options_tree] => Array
     (
     )

[#options] => Array
     (
     )

[0]  =>  Array
     (
         [#type] => checkbox_tree_level
         [#max_choices] => 1
         [#leaves_only] =>
         [#start_minimized] =>
         [#depth] => 1
         [#level_start_minimized] =>
     )

As you can see, the *#options* array is empty, and the checkbox array
only has some default
values.
I tried to simply insert values in the array (and set the keys where
they should belong), set
*#checked*to true like with regular checkboxes, but when the form is
presented to the user,
these values got overwritten with empty values.

I also tried to modify weight, to put my module before
term_reference_tree, but it didn't help.

Is there a way to check some checkboxes from code*/before/*it the form
gets displayed
to the user? I am not too familiar with term reference tree module, but
I think there must
be some function I can call or another hook I can catch to build the
checkbox tree so I
can populate it.

Thanks in advance,
Balazs