[support] Drupal appache solr tika fileattachment indexing

Kamal Palei palei.kamal at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 05:13:56 UTC 2012

Hi All
I am trying to integrate apache solr (3.6.x), tika with Drupal 6.26.

I found normal site contents (such as nodes, page types, panel types) are
getting indexed.
I can go to apache solr home page and serach some phrases and can see the
results.

Even file attachment also getting indexed but only from defined node types.
For example, if I attach a file while creating content from Stoy or Page or
Panel type, that file is getting indexed.

*This ENSURES the integration of drupal 6.26/SOLR-3.6/TIKA is working fine.*

BUT, I have a custom module and it provides a custom form to users to
register their details. and attach their resumes as well.
When they submit the form, I call Drupal file_save_xx api to save the file
in a custom path.
In this case files are not getting indexed. Has anybody tried this thing
previously. I searched quite a lot but could not get any
proper documentation in this regard.

Any suggestions/pointers highly appreciated.

Thanks
Kamal
NECS, Bangalore