[support] How to set an article or basic page as featured content?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 09:36:41 UTC 2012

In a new theme that I am trying, there is a section which is
represented in the code as such:
print render($page ['featured']);

Apparently this is to show featured articles or pages. However, I do
not see how to configure an article or page as being featured. I have
search in the following submenus to now avail:
Menu settings
Revision information
URL path settings
Comment settings
Authoring information
Publishing options

Suspecting that perhaps I would need a module to use the feature, I
installed the Featured Content module:
http://drupal.org/project/featured_content

However, I still do not see any changes to the Add Content pages which
would let me configure an article or page as featured. What am I
missing?

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen