[support] How to set an article or basic page as featured content?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 12:48:22 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Fred Jones <fredthejonester at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> http://drupal.org/documentation/blocks
>>
>> Thank you. There is a Featured region in the Featured block. But how
>> does one mark any particular node as being featured?
>
> Please read the documentation more carefully

Thanks. I have gone over the page again, am I am certain that there is
a key sentence either on the block page or on a page that it links to
that you want me to read. I really am the kind of guy to go through
the doc before asking redundant questions, but I'm baffled here. All
the information that I find pertains to configuring on which pages,
and where on the pages, the block will appear. Even the Featured
block's own options settings deal only with positioning of the block
but not which nodes it will display.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the purpose of the term Featured. I
assume based on the name that Featured pertains to nodes that should
be displayed on the front page, above all other ephemeral content. Am
I wrong?

> and then start here:
> http://drupal.org/documentation
>
> You are making presumptions without knowing the basics of Drupal.

I have perused through most of those pages, spending more time on the
immediate concern. But I will go through the basic docs more
thoroughly. Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il