[support] blocks do not display

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Mon Sep 10 03:32:45 UTC 2012

On 09/10/2012 10:13 AM, support-request at drupal.org wrote:
> 	<1347211403.55137.YahooMailNeo at web181606.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>
>
> My advice, which most will, I am sure, agree with is to not mess with a core install. Don't second guess which tables are needed. Most tables are created only when a feature/module is enabled. Therefore, they are all needed. If you don't want certain tables, don't install the module that creates them.
>
> The cache tables are required even if you have caching disabled. Regardless of that setting, your system is caching. Likewise, the registries (more than one) are required and cannot be missing.
>

> Backup and Migrate doesn't create tables, AFAIK, it just makes backup files.
>
> Who told you that OG does not play well with Panels? The fact is that OG would prefer to create panels for you.
>
> ?
> Nancy
>
> Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L. King, Jr.
Thank you Nancy.
I'll try og with panels, on your recommendation, it may solve a problem.
However nat and workbench are two that I do not want in the new sandpit
and neither can be removed just by switching off and deleting the modules.
Workbench in particular once initiated, seems very difficult to eliminate.

I'm not messing with or second guessing core.
I understand that most tables are created when a module is installed but
the problem is that these are difficult to remove as are the fields
placed in other tables which reference those modules.

I was not clear on what I've done and what I propose to work on for the
next development step.
I have an installed fresh drupal 7 sandpit installation with all of the
modules core modules and modules we use in the live system. I have not
installed Workbench and nat in the sandpit.
I intend to use panels to build displays, and as panels also provides
for isolating users and displays I may not even need og.

I have 20+ taxonomy vocabs with associated terms most referenced in some
way or with relationships to other taxonomy or content types.
50 users with permissions and 30+ roles.
I have 14 content types and plenty of content in each.
I have 25 rules.

Nat and workbench seem to have fields in most of the content types and
taxonomy tables and this causes error messages and other problems when
nat and wb are not installed.

I need to have just the field structure and data for content types,
content, taxonomy, users, roles, rules and permissions in the sandpit
and have tried backup-migrate and mysql to create and populate just
those tables.

As an aside, if I do a mysql install of backup-migrate of the database
and do not have the live site Mayo theme, but instead have the Adaptive
sub theme, nothing works.

I hope my explanation goes some way to understanding the problem and why
I am asking for assistance.
thanks
Roger