[support] changing dtabase password question

Katie Legere legerek at queensu.ca
Mon Sep 10 13:30:23 UTC 2012

I want to change that main connection password to our drupal database (we've had a potential security breach) without effecting the user experience in a bad way.

I know the connection is in settings.php and how to use phpMyAdmin, mysql etc.

My question is... can I just create a new user and password in phpMyAdmin for my drupal database and then flip to that in my settings.php (during a time I don't expect anyone using it) and expect that all will be well or is there a better / safer process to follow? Has anyone done this?

Katie