[support] Where to add items to the <head> section for all pages?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 10:20:32 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Richard Damon
<Richard at damon-family.org> wrote:
> modules/system/html.tpl.php  puts out the outer most html for the page
> (actually, this is where the page is finally rendered, with most of the
> page in variables that it prints.
>
> THIS IS CORE, DO NOT HACK IT.
>
> It is possible that your hacking of it did not work because someone has
> overridden it (search for other html.tpl.php files)
>
> This template (and any overrides if it is allowed to be overridden) is
> supposed to get the html tags to include scripts from the $scripts
> global, which it will print out. A theme is supposed to add needed
> scripts with a statement in its .info file like:
> scripts[] = foo.js
>
> Note also that you will need to clear caches after making changes or
> they may not appear.
>
> A quick google search find http://drupal.org/node/1073212 which has a
> discussion of a similar issue.

Thanks. I suspect that my attempt at hacking the core did not show due
to the fact that I did not clear the caches - I didn't even know that
they exist!

What keywords did you google on to find that page? At the time of the
original post, I did google but I did not find anything relevant,
frustratingly, as I probably did not know which keywords to google
for.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il