[support] Sites communication

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 18 01:41:12 UTC 2012

I have never used the OpenID module, but it may be a help.

I did something like this in a previous installation. We used an http_request to communicate between the sites. The main site would return information about the user as well (something like profile data). The actual trick was that the "slave" site had to fake passwords because the main site did not pass those back (and cannot because they are encrypted). In our case, a user who was not yet authenticated was actually bounced over to the main site for the true sign in, and then back to the site they originally entered. This required us to check if a cookie from the main site was present.

If you pursue something like this, you might want to consider an additional site whose only reason for being is authentication.

Nancy