[support] Ten Commandments

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 21 01:03:54 UTC 2012

At this company we use Git and that is all. So, for us, it's okay to say that.

12. In D6, we had a standard theme based on Genesis. However, it looks like that theme is pretty much unmaintained. With our increasing interest in mobile-ready sites, we are considering using one of those to come up with a new "standard" theme. With the volume of sites we have, overrides are a way of life.

15. Yes, in D7 we are using /contrib and /custom, but our D6 sites are not going to be changed. We have almost 500 sites and essentially one admin, so multisites are a necessity to maintain his sanity (but maybe it's too late anyway).

But I am also looking for more suggestions to add to the list.

And, we all know that such a list is not going to make a bad developer into a good one. But it can help a good developer be better.

Nancy