[support] Using check_markup and check_plain

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 26 10:49:05 UTC 2012

The standard Drupal mantra is "Filter on output." So do not filter before saving to the DB. You should filter when rendering the data. You should not use both functions together - that's asking for double encoding issues. Check_markup() will run the data through your input filters and make it safe - assuming that your filters are properly set up.

Nancy