[support] Using check_markup and check_plain

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 26 16:05:45 UTC 2012

You don't want check_plain and check_markup together. Just use
check_markup and the appropriate filter (or create one that does the
filtering you want).

One other thing:

  $text = check_markup($text,1);

That's fine for D7, but D6 should be:

$text = check_markup($text, 1, FALSE);

That prevents any permission problems.

In D7 if you want to cache the filtered output, then use:

$text = check_markup($text, 1, '', TRUE);

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net