[support] Drupal 7 - Firefox 15.0.1 - Strange Behavior

Fri Sep 28 12:24:55 UTC 2012

On 9/28/12 4:47 AM, Kamal Palei wrote:
> Hi All
> I have a line of code as below.
>

> $data[$index]['Resume'] = '<a href="\ncjobs.com
> <http://ncjobs.com>\sites\default\files\resumes\\' . $record->uid .
> '\\' . $record->filename .'" ' . 'target="_blank">' .
> $record->filename . '</a>';
>
> I am trying to show a link in one table cell.
>
> In IE8, this is working fine, I am able to download the file.
>
> In Firefox 15.0.1, this is not working, gets error "he requested URL
> /ncjobs.com/resume_search/skill_based_search/java/1/0/360/00/\ncjobs.com\sites\default\files\resumes\4\Chinmay_Pani
> <http://ncjobs.com/resume_search/skill_based_search/java/1/0/360/00/%5Cncjobs.com%5Csites%5Cdefault%5Cfiles%5Cresumes%5C4%5CChinmay_Pani>
> mod.doc was not found on this server."
>
> I am wondering from where it is prepending
> "/ncjobs.com/resume_search/skill_based_search/java/1/0/360/00/
> <http://ncjobs.com/resume_search/skill_based_search/java/1/0/360/00/>"
> (this is nothing but the current URL, I wanted to access "\ncjobs.com
> <http://ncjobs.com>\sites\default\files\resumes\4\Chinmay_Pani
> mod.doc" URL.
>
> If you have faced this issue, kindly let me know whats the work around.
>
> Thanks
> kamal
> NECS, Bangalore

Why are you using \ as path separators? They are supposed to be /.  IE,
being microsoft based might be accepting both, but FireFox is not,
therefor since the URL doesn't begin with a / it is considedered a
relative path, so it gets the current page address prepended.

--
Richard Damon