[support] D7: Loading full objects attached with Field API?

Georg Jaehnig georg at jaehnig.org
Sat Sep 29 14:36:01 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have a question about loading fields attached to an entity.

I have a field called 'field_custom_namespaces' attached to the user
entity. field_custom_namespaces is a taxonomy term reference.  Whats
the best and shortest code to load all the attached field objects,
i.e. term objects?

Currently I do it that way which seems totally bloated:

  global $user;
  $user = entity_load_single("user", $user->uid);
  if (!empty($user->field_custom_namespaces)) {
    $namespace_ids_wrapped = $user->field_custom_namespaces['und'];
  } else {
    $namespace_ids_wrapped =  array();
  }
  foreach ($namespace_ids_wrapped as &$namespace_id_wrapped) {
    $namespace_id_wrapped = $namespace_id_wrapped['tid'];
  }

  $namespaces = taxonomy_term_load_multiple($namespace_ids_wrapped);

So is there an easier, maybe "official" way with a proper function?

--
Georg | http://serchilo.net - command the web