[support] how to change preview length of article in D7?

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 30 15:33:04 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Dave Stevens wrote:
> I've seen the "<!--break-->" text insertion but it seems to have no
> efefct, I suppose the text  is too long

There is a bug in the filter module.  Unless you use Full HTML content
type then it trims <!--break-->.  The other work around is to add
<!--break--> to the allowed tags of the content type you are using.
For example the article content type edit page to configure the tags
to use is admin/structure/types/manage/article/fields/field_tags be
sure to add all the tags allowed, including the current ones; the
field for input isn't prepopulated with the default for some reason.

--
Earnie