[support] Domains, subdomains on D7

John Summerfield summer at js.id.au
Tue Apr 2 03:21:25 UTC 2013

On 25/03/13 22:57, Yogesh Saini wrote:
> I beleive you should use domain module to achive it. Ànother option is
> that u can use default multisite setup of drupal which contain different
> database for each its domain but in this case u can't share contents to
> its sub domains.
> So, I beleive u should go for domain module itself.

I have been thinking domain too, because superficially it provides the
common membership and overall appearance.

However, when I created /About at example.com and /About at
raiders.example.com I discovered I had two About menu items.

In the case where there are colliding menu items, I want the more
specific one chosen, not all that the viewer is permitted to see.

Multisite might work with some hacking... Obviously I have to do
something about the user table, and maybe shared content.