[support] Trouble updating D6 to 7

Ron Dorman rwd at simplydigtech.net
Wed Apr 3 03:25:27 UTC 2013

On the upgrading being worth it question . . . I have migrated 5 client
sites from 6 to 7 and am happy to have done so. Still trying to get the
rest  to make the move upward because of the UI improvements, the api
improvements, but mostly because of the clients that have moved are much
happier with 7 than they were with 6.

As has been said in previous emails, upgrade the 6 installation to the
latest 6 versions of Drupal core and all installed modules. Then go to
Drupal 7.

I have had upgrades happen at different times in the development of D7,
but taking each site as far forward in D6 as I could, then going to
latest D7 in the upgrade has given me no problems. Different themes and
modules in each site made no difference.

go to latest D6 core and modules
update.php
go to latest D7 core and modules
update.php

Not saying you will have no issues following this method, but I have had
no issues following this method.

Ron D.