[support] Fed up with Drupal 7 Fatal error: Desperately need help

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 4 16:28:22 UTC 2013

As previously stated, PHP 5.4 and Drupal isn't the best combination.
7.22, which just came out last night, addresses some problems:

http://drupal.org/drupal-7.22-release-notes

Another thing to check is if  you're running a contrib cache solution,
like memcache. Make sure that is actually working, or you can have
problems like this. Creating content types is pretty intensive. It does
a full cache clear, including menu rebuild. If you have a bunch of
modules on your installation, or even one problem module, that can start
causing out of memory errors.

I've got a Drupal 7 site running with 60 contrib modules and about a
dozen custom modules. I got the memory limit set to 128mb and never run
out of memory. This is on CentOS6 and PHP 5.3.23.  There are also
countless other Drupal 7 sites running out there with no problem. But
you can pretty much break anything with the wrong configurations and/or
modules.

For the images, if you aren't letting Drupal manage them, then Drupal
doesn't know about them. You can try overriding the output of fields in
views and use some tokens to replace values, but you really aren't
giving enough information here. Also, you can do custom view templates
and run a bit of logic in there to grab the fields. Look under the
advanced part of your view.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net