[support] Fed up with Drupal 7 Fatal error: Desperately, need help

John Summerfield summer at js.id.au
Fri Apr 5 06:45:51 UTC 2013

On 05/04/13 13:42, Roger wrote:
> s was pointed out  by John in reply #6 it's got to be a php problem due
> to upgrading and seems to have been through previous upgrades judging by
> the number of Google pages on the subject. I believe it has never been
> attended to.
> Yes I have set memory_limit in php.ini, and I have changed /settings.php
> in Drupal and these seemed to solve the problem until my Fedora 18
> upgraded php from 5.3 to 5.4 a week or so ago. So in deference, it is
> not my machine or it's settings or the remote server but exclusively a
> php dev testing failure prior to release.
>
> I am looking into Centos 6.4 as was recommended by John but that's not
> an immediate fix, 5-6 hours to download is beyond my internet capability.

Second option is pretty obvious: remove all your PHP5.4 packages and
either get the latest src.rpm you can (earlier Fedora? RHEL6?) and build
that, or get the latest 5.3 source from php - a quick look didn't show
me anyone who builds 5.3 as rpms - and either use the ./configure &&
make && sudo make install procedure or roll your own rpms.

Note that D8 will not support RHEL6.