[support] Fed up with Drupal 7 ... Desperately.....modules.etc

Zyumbilev, Peter peter at aboutsupport.com
Sun Apr 7 05:23:41 UTC 2013

Hi Roger,

I still wonder why don't you do this:

1. Downloads and install from source apache & php 5.3. There are penty
of tutorials how to do this. Compile only php modules you need.(!)

2. Install in /usr/local/ (It goes there by default)

3. Modify firewall to allow port 8080

4. Edit httpd.conf of the newly compiled Apache so you have correct
DocumentRoot and make it listen 8080.

5. Start the new Apache on 8080

6. Check how site behaves on port 80 and port 8080.

A) If it is better on 8080  shut down primary Apache, and change teh
port of the new one on 80.

B) If it is the same, check database - run check and repair mysql tables
- might be broken indexes or something.

Peter