[support] Fed up with Drupal 7 ..., Desperately.....modules.etc

John Summerfield summer at js.id.au
Wed Apr 10 10:15:38 UTC 2013

On 10/04/13 17:46, John Summerfield wrote:
> On 10/04/13 08:06, Roger wrote:
>> Thank you David.
>> Apologies for the length of this message.
>> I don' really think we've gotten off topic, there was never a
>> consideration of throwing hardware at the problem of memory failure
>> caused by Add Content type.
>> <snip>
>> and that your memory consumption is not that of a typical Drupal install
>> </snip>
>> --Why then did the problem not exist a few weeks ago?
>>
>> --Why does it not exist on my home machines which I use to access the
>> server? and which have identical copies of the site installed. I can run
>> both the site copy on localhost and the remote site from the server side
>> by side on my monitor.
>> Adding a content type on localhost does not fail, but doing the same on
>> remote site does fail. As I understand it my localhost Apache server
>> runs both. I do not know if my php  runs the code from the remote server.
>> Same result in Fedora 18, Fedora 16, Ubuntu 12.10, php5.3 and php 5.4 on
>> both machines, so many alternatives produce identical results.
>>
>> --What changed between then and now? No modules or views have been added
>> or removed for 4 months (proviso: unless another dev installed a module
>> I do not know about but he's not around so I cannot ask).
>>
>> <snip>
>> if you've got any non-standard modules
>> </snip>
>> The module list I installed with Drush from the Drupal.org site is
>> listed below.
>>
>> <snip> That is why many continue to ask for your module list. They're
>> trying to figure out if you've got any non-standard modules that might
>> have a leak or performance problem.
>> </snip>
>> I didn't read any asking for a module list but this is it,  and below
>> are the lists of what's loaded when I click on  <add a content type>. I
>> have no idea why so many superfluous @imports and script calls are made,
>> even the jQuery seems to refer to modules of which most have nothing to
>> do with adding a content type. Maybe there is a memory leak in one of these.
>

> I did ask exactly what you are running, the modules list is one part of
> that.
> What are these modules?
> custom
> old_token
> error_log
>
> I'd also like the output of
> rpm -qa
>
> and to know what is in /usr/local and /opt
>
> I ran drush with your modules list, and those three modules are not
> available to me.

     Notice: Undefined index: #contextual_links in
contextual_pre_render_links() (line 140 of
/var/www/sites/chesswa/modules/contextual/contextual.module).
     Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
contextual_pre_render_links() (line 140 of
/var/www/sites/chesswa/modules/contextual/contextual.module).
     Notice: Undefined index: #contextual_links in
contextual_pre_render_links() (line 140 of
/var/www/sites/chesswa/modules/contextual/contextual.module).
     Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
contextual_pre_render_links() (line 140 of
/var/www/sites/chesswa/modules/contextual/contextual.module).
     Notice: Undefined index: #contextual_links in
contextual_pre_render_links() (line 140 of
/var/www/sites/chesswa/modules/contextual/contextual.module).
     Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
contextual_pre_render_links() (line 140 of
/var/www/sites/chesswa/modules/contextual/contextual.module).

I am not familiar with workbench, so I had a bit of a poke around. I
clicked "My workbench" and "create content," and got the above errors.

Not your problem for sure, but it shouldn't happen.