[support] how tackle forms

John Summerfield summer at js.id.au
Wed Apr 10 22:47:58 UTC 2013

On 10/04/13 23:50, Info Razor wrote:
> There are 3rd party tools that let you do this, like Disqus. Otherwise
> you can enable anonymous commenting, I'm not sure off the top of my head
> if commenting is indexed for searching, you'd need to test. For making
> nodes, if you want that could also be permitted for anonymous.

As a user, I don't like Disqus because it endlessly chews up bandwidth
by refreshing the page without my permission.

Bandwidth is not free, and I often have dozens of browser windows open
with maybe dozens of tabs open at the same time. And then there are the
lappie and the tabbie.

I block Disqus at the firewall. I am not interested in realtime updates
to any forum threads anywhere.

Fun fact: right now on my desktop I have nine firefox windows, six
google chrome and 19 seamonkey windows open spread over 40 desktops in
two screens.