[support] htaccess regex could not be compiled; 500 internal server error

Michael Ryan mr at mry4n.net
Wed Apr 17 15:52:19 UTC 2013

Details here: http://drupal.org/node/1972900

D7 is fine on my local Ubuntu, but when I try to install it on a shared
hosting environment where I have D6 installed w/o problems I get an error.

Error log says htaccess: regex could not be compiled

If I comment out the FilesMatch section or replace it with the D6
FilesMatch, I do not get the error.

I get the same error/no error result even if I just place the .htaccess
file in the www root without any other files in it.