[support] images not showing

Pia Oliver pia at piasworld.com
Wed Apr 17 16:34:46 UTC 2013

I am adding some stuff, including Ubercart, to a site and have set it
up as a dev site at Hostgator. As soon as it's ready it will become
the "real live" site.

One issue I cannot figure out is why my images are not showing? I
need some help please.

The temp URL is "http://50.22.80.44/~pia/" to the site and the links
in the top menu work but not the bottom menu, nor do any of the, or
very few, of the images show. In .htaccess I have tried to uncomment
"RewriteBase" in several different ways but nothing helps. In
"settings.php" I have " $base_url = 'http://50.22.80.44/~pia';" and
have tried with this commented out also; no difference.

I  cannot find any other place where there is a system wide path or
setting? I have experimented with permission settings on the
"default" folder as well as the "settings.php" file; the settings.php
is 0000 and it will  not take any other. the "default" folder is
currently 744 ...

any ideas?

thanks,

Pia
--

<http://www.Piasworld.com>

"That's a great deal to make one word mean," Alice said in a thoughtful
  tone. "When I make a word do a lot of work like that," said Humpty Dumpty, "I
  always pay it extra."
Lewis Carrol