[support] Manual DB Updates on Multisite

John Summerfield summer at js.id.au
Thu Apr 18 06:01:29 UTC 2013

On 18/04/13 05:19, Ursula Pieper wrote:
> for site in `/usr/local/drush/drush site-alias`

A handy hint:

in bash one can code
   for site in $(/usr/local/drush/drush site-alias)

for improved legibility (sometimes those backticks can be hard to
distinguish from apostrophes), and for improved clarity on those
occasions when one finds it expedient to nest them.
Whether this is standard with bourne shell I don't know, but bash is
available on all Linux distros (although I suspect Debian no longer
installs it by default, I think the default shell is now dash), on OS X,
and if not installed on *BSD* it can be.