[support] Problem getting Drupal mail

Prothero William waprothero at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 21:19:25 UTC 2013

Folks:
I just finished upgrading my Drupal site to D7. I'm having problem with Drupal sending out emails to users who request new accounts or who have forgotten their passwords. This happened very quickly with my D6 site. However, the D7 site keeps emails in the mail queue for 10-15 minutes, then sends them. But, I can send an email, through another mail server (like gmail) to the same address that is being held up in my mail queue, and it comes very quickly. I have several email accounts on the server, and it doesn't matter if I send one email from one account, to another account on my server, either. Response if very quick.

It appears that only email initiated by my Drupal 7 site is held for a longer time.

What might be going on? I don't see why email should be held for so long and it is definitely a minus for my users.

Any insight would be helpful.
Bill

Prothero William
waprothero at gmail.com