[support] Any tricks to updating an old version of Drupal?

Bob Turner Bob at TurnerPCC.com
Fri Apr 26 15:20:55 UTC 2013

You can go from 6.12 to the latest/last version of 6.x.  Once there you can
upgrade to 7.x.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Whitacre
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 10:39 AM
To: support at drupal.org
Subject: [support] Any tricks to updating an old version of Drupal?

My wife uses Drupal for her website.  We've long lost track of the developer
that set it up for her but have discovered that she's running v.6.12 and
really aught to update.

I've found a HowTo on the Drupal site - Updating Drupal 6.x to newer minor
version.

Are there other links with perhaps a 'simpler' version of the same?

Can we safely go from 6.12 to whatever the latest version is?  Or do we need
to some interim steps?

Any advice would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks.