[support] nice_menus and IE

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 5 19:34:22 UTC 2013

Actually Microsoft does have multiple OS and IE version combinations you
can download as images now:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11575

Running the VPC's in Virtualbox:

http://tumblr.jonthornton.com/post/11405634980/how-to-run-microsofts-ie-vpc-images-in-virtualbox

I tested the site on IE8 in XP and it does have problems. In Chrome it
is a bit off too. The UL that stores the menu is a pixel taller than the
enclosing division. Here's a quick capture of that:

You got to look to see it, but you can see where it steps up after the
UL. Easy fix - add a 1px top margin to the UL, get rid of the float and
get rid of the top-border on the LI.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net