[support] Page content has disappeared : Plz Help.!

Fri Aug 23 11:30:06 UTC 2013

To begin, I am a little worried about helping as this sounds a lot like
getting a 911 call about "Help, my friend is bleeding heavily on the
table after trying to operate on him while following my copy of Surgery
for Dummies book.

It REALLY helps to have some understanding of PHP before editing files,
to avoid causing problems like this.

Your first problem sounds very much like the classical "White Screen of
Death", for which the second step is one of the methods to help
diagnose. (Better is to check your server PHP error logs first).

The code snippet you posted is sort of correct, but also sort of wrong.
The "error" message you posted is an indication that you have somehow
badly corrupted the file structure of you index.php, as the error
message is the contents of that file!

PHP files need to begin their PHP code with the <?php tag, and may end
with a ?> end tag to make the end of the PHP section. Drupal coding
standards state that the <?php MUST be the very first characters of the
file, and that you should omit the closing ?> tag (this avoids a common
problem of white space getting inserted before the page headers get
sent). This means that when you insert a piece of code, you do NOT
include the <?php    .... ?> tags (if shown). Many authors include them
just to show that the code is a piece of PHP code.

On 8/23/13 4:15 AM, sanjay k. kharwar wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I started improving my website and then suddenly the screen has gone
> blank.
> i am not able to see any content., suddenly the page content has
> disappeared. Not
> even able to see the user login.
>
> After searching all through forums and posts to figure out the actual
> reason i tried the following :
>
> 1. To get the error reporitng, i pasted the following code in index.php :
>
> |<?php
> error_reporting(E_ALL);
> ini_set('display_errors', TRUE);
> ini_set('display_startup_errors', TRUE);
> ?>|

> the error came out be :
>
> /** * @file * The PHP page that serves all page requests on a Drupal
> installation. * * The routines here dispatch control to the
> appropriate handler, which then * prints the appropriate page. * * All
> Drupal code is released under the GNU General Public License. * See
> COPYRIGHT.txt and LICENSE.txt. */ /** * Root directory of Drupal
> installation. */ define('DRUPAL_ROOT', getcwd()); require_once
> DRUPAL_ROOT . '/includes/bootstrap.inc';
> drupal_bootstrap(DRUPAL_BOOTSTRAP_FULL); menu_execute_active_handler();

> even i tried other options going thorugh the forums but unable to find
> the solution , may be bcoz i am bit new to drupal.
>
> Another which i would like to mention is that my meta tags were not
> appearing completely, for which i was trying to find a solution by
> reinstalling the module and other options available in the various
> forums of drupal.
>
> website is : http://www.assignmentshelptutors.com
> <http://www.assignmentshelptutors.com/>
> i have hosted it on : APPFOG- cloud.
> Drupal version is : 5.14
>
> Plz help this all happened when i was trying to improve the seo of my
> site and everything is turning out to go in vain.It is very
> frustrating. I need your valuable guidance.
>
> Thanks and Rgards,
> sanjay

-- Richard Damon