[support] "Editable Fields"

Chris Miller cjm at tryx.org
Tue Dec 10 00:46:27 UTC 2013

Yes. I thought I indicated that I also believed that this is a coding exercise with my reference to "node_load()". That I will have to write code is undisputed; what I will have to write is still very much an open question that begs clarification.

> There may be some capability for this in Views Bulk Operations
> project. There’s a relavent stack exchange answer:

> http://drupal.stackexchange.com/questions/10861/taxonomy-bulk-edit-in-drupal-7

I've been to VBO and it doesn't seem to do what I need. It seems to be a two step process -- select the rows of interest, then set the taxonomy; there isn't apparently a more gentle modification. I also looked at Editable Views and found that I couldn't even get an editable view, which is either my incompetence or misfortune to try to use a field that is not supported.

So the core issue is how Drupal treats display fields differently from "form" fields, and where I can find some explanations. We know that I could put this taxonomy field on a content-type and I would get editable values on page creation and page modification, so what calls are made to accomplish this, and where can I read about it?

Thanks for the help,

Chris.