[support] Getting restws configured

Lucas Hedding lucashedding at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 13:33:19 UTC 2013

Let's test if the module works. Can you simply hit /node/1.json from the
browser? That should render up a json copy of the first node.

Is person a node content type, a new entity type or the user entity? If it
is node or user, then restws already supports those out of the box. All you
have to do (for a GET) is append .json on the request. Also, make the user
that you connect with has appropriate permissions. If you use basic
authentication, that means crafting a BA header that includes the base64
encoded REST application id and password and passing it along with the
request.

Another helpful feature I've used with restws; I run advanced rest client
through xdebug. All that is necessary for that is to add the xdebug cookie
to the headers. Then put a break point and step through the code.

Cookie: XDEBUG_SESSION=%idekey%