[support] Installing from profiles

Alison penguin at alisoncc.com
Fri Dec 20 08:56:12 UTC 2013

Hi Guys,

whenever I think I am getting on top of Drupal it comes back and bites me.

Have built numerous sites from scratch - Install Drupal and then add modules and themes as required, and have also built a couple of sites using Distributions. A friend wants a Blog site so decided to use Drupress - which seems to use "Profiles".

Extracted the download to the public html type area. Then did the usual - settings.php in sites/default and added files directory, chown, chgrp and chmod. Set up an empty database with a user. Then ran install.php from a browser and nothing happens. What would normally be in sites/all/themes and sites/all/modules is now in a profile/drupress directory. Everything seems to be there but how do I get to it. So looking for a "Dummies intro to installing from  "Profiles". Thanks.

Alison