[support] Problems with iPad

Philip_Wetzel at nhd.uscourts.gov Philip_Wetzel at nhd.uscourts.gov
Fri Dec 27 16:16:38 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have an issue when viewing my Drupal website with an iPad.
Sometimes it loads with the margin almost 1/3 too far to the left and you
have to move it to the right.
Also, if you rotate the screen (forcing it to switch from landscape to
portrait and visa versa) it will
render too far to the left.

I've found a few suggestions for adding attributes to the css file with no
success.  Namely....
body {	margin: 0 auto; }
and
body {	min-width: 1080px; }

I've also found suggestions to add a meta tag.

I'm not exactly sure how to do that.  I do have the
template_html_head_alter function in template.php which is supposed
to force ie out of compatibility mode.

/** Implements hook_html_head_alter*/
function template_html_head_alter(&$head_elements) {
  // Force the latest IE rendering engine and Google Chrome Frame.
  $head_elements['chrome_frame'] = array(
    '#type' => 'html_tag',
    '#tag' => 'meta',
    '#attributes' => array('http-equiv' => 'X-UA-Compatible', 'content' =>
'IE=edge,chrome=1'),
    '#weight' => -1001,
  );
  error_log('template_html_head_alter');