[support] Very disappointed, frustrated and concerned Drupal 7 problem

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Wed Feb 6 11:18:08 UTC 2013

Ok I thought I had it solved but no.
The error occurs Only when I try to create a new Content Type in Drupal
7, both in my local install in /var/www/html and on the remote server,
which tends, I feel,  to mean it's a fault in my apache system but I do
not know where.

The strange thing is that no matter what I change the error remains
verbatim from both systems:
*Fatal error*: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried
to allocate 16142054 bytes) in
*/var/www/html/mysite/includes/database/database.inc* on line *2139*

Varying php.ini memory_limit merely changes the (tried to allocate
16142054) up or down a small amount.

I have searched through the whole system, /var/log..... and everywhere
else for something that sets a limit to 134217728 bytes.
I do note that there is no /etc/php5/php.ini  in Fedora 18 even though
it is mentioned in documentation.

This error seems to be all too common, with hundreds experiencing it
with php, joomla, Wordpress and Drupal. There's a bug somewhere that's
been ignored for years.

Thanks
Roger