[support] Was:: Very disappointed, frustrated and concerned Drupal 7 problem --Now possibly fixed

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 7 11:31:33 UTC 2013

This is not an error with Drupal, Wordpress or any other CMS. This is a
misconfiguration of the server. You need to set your configuration files
for things like PHP, MySQL and Apache. Setting an unlimited memory
amount (as you are doing here) is a dangerous practice. Drupal currently
handles it the proper way.

I responded yesterday with how to increase PHP's memory limit. The
*Fatal error*: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes being identical is
exactly how it's supposed to be. That means PHP's INI file is set to a
memory limit of 128mb (134217728 bytes = 128mb). A lot of Drupal
installations can run on that, but you can also keep adding modules,
complex views, panels and a bunch of other stuff that will quickly
exhaust that amount of memory. That's why it is up to each site to
adjust it to whatever they need.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net