[support] Beginner question.

Patrick Avella me at patrickavella.com
Thu Feb 7 20:22:20 UTC 2013

If you're new to Drupal, you might want to let Drupal handle not just the
CRUD, but the actual database layout as well.

Go to structure->content types, create a new content type and go to 'manage
field'. This is where you create the schematics of your information. Once
you've populated this content type with fields a default drupal install
will let you easily create, read, update, and delete the content you create
using it.

If you are working in a premade non drupal database you'll either need to
convert the data to drupal's tables, or you'll need to write a custom
module and make all of the CRUD scaffolding yourself (effectively bypassing
anything useful about Drupal)

Hope it helps,
Patrick