[support] Intranet

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Tue Feb 12 19:10:33 UTC 2013

Rasmus Falkenberg wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have been told to establish a new intranet for the company that I
> work in and since we already have Drupal running our website/online
> store I think it would make sense to have it run the intranet as well.
>
> I have been researching the WWW and the Drupal community to find out
> how to get started. Perhaps there is a suitable module for this that
> we can easily add to a stand-alone Drupal installation and build from
> there?
>
> What is the most common way to get started with building an intranet
> in Drupal?

Kind of depends on what you mean by "intranet," but a Drupal instance,
with access limited only to employees (and maybe business partners),
sounds a lot like an Intranet to me.  For internal access only, put it
behind a firewall.  For finer grained access control, and/or for
remote/outside access, require log in for all access.

Beyond that, it's more a matter of what functions you want.

Miles Fidelman

--
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra