[support] Theming problem with NiceMenus

Prothero William waprothero at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 00:18:54 UTC 2013

Folks:
Another item about nice_menus. It appears as if the nice_menus module is trying to bevel the menu button, as I see the same thing on another site where I use nice menus, but the colors are light and don't show so much. I set the background of the region containing the main menu to the same as the menu (which shows to the right of my nice menus), but it doesn't have a white line. If I could figure out how to put a light colored line at the top of this, to match the line in the nice menus, it would look better. But, if I set a border-top in css, the whole mess drops down that amount and using the inset style of border, doesn't really put the entire border inside the region, so the whole mess drops down anyway.

I guess I could try to create a box that fills in the area to the right of the nice menus, but the width shifts around with the browser window size, and I don't yet know how to do additions and subtractions of positions in css, to get the right side of the region, and the right side of last nicemenu button, so I can set the size of the box. I'm sure it's do-able, but seems a lot of work to figure out how and I've already spent days on this.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I could just redesign the menu buttons so they are light colored, but this seems to be the chicken way out. I'm at my last resort, unless new ideas appear while I sleep, or someone on the list has a brilliant suggestion.

Thanks,
Bill

Prothero William
waprothero at gmail.com